Open Forum on Open Banking and Digital Transformation
The Open Forum on Open Banking and Digital Transformation was launched in 2019. Its creation was the result of a merger of the Open Forum on Open Banking and the Open Forum on Instant Payments. Participants in both fora had increasingly found the topics of their discussions to be so intertwined that they should be explored together, which is why the EBA proposed to merge the discussion into one forum going forward.
The goal of the Open Forum on Open Banking and Digital Transformation is to support the industry by fostering a transparent and cohesive discussion around the impact of Open Banking, and of the ongoing introduction of real-time end-to-end processes in general, on the wider payments and transaction banking landscape. Approaching Open Banking through the lens of payment services in particular, the forum provides a space for financial industry practitioners to exchange information about access models and Open Banking concepts pursued by various industry initiatives or communities across Europe. Bringing in stakeholders with interests in wider Open Banking contexts facilitates a joint discussion on how to move the entire financial industry toward Open Banking and address related hurdles or challenges.
For more information see the Terms of Reference.
Moving forward on the digital journey – which payment methods will win the hearts and minds of the customers? Will we still need cash...?
The next meeting of the new Open Forum takes place in Amsterdam on 24 October 2019.
Discussion topics will include:
- Which payment methods will the customer of the future use?
- Will cash stick around as the digital economy grows?
- How will future payment processes be supported?
Please note that attendance of the Open Forum on Open Banking and Digital Transformation is free of charge for EBA Members. A cost-covering fee of 250 € per meeting will apply to non-members.
The next meeting will take place in Frankfurt on 12 February 2020.
Open banking - beyond compliance: bridging the gap between legacy systems and the API future
The kick-off meeting of the new Open Forum took place on 15 May 2019.
In this meeting, the Open Forum discussed topics such as:
- How can payment service providers affirm their role while improving product & service offerings in a new PSD2 / GDPR world?
- Can payment service providers still position products and solutions or do they need to think in terms of Platforms and Ecosystems?
- What is already happening in the market including best practices - Who are the new players and what can they / are they contributing to make this happen?
See detailed agenda.