Liquidity Management Working Group
Background and mission
Efficient and effective liquidity management arrangements and processes are important for the business of banks and corporates alike. Liquidity managers are currently facing many challenges, including the migration of liquidity management practices into the digital area and to real-time processes.
To support liquidity management professionals in better understanding and dealing with ongoing market developments as well as related technical, operational, regulatory and organisational questions, the Euro Banking Association (EBA) launched a Liquidity Management Working Group (LMWG), which began its work in the third quarter of 2017.
The objective of the EBA Liquidity Management WG is to deliver thought leadership on liquidity management practices with a clear focus on the segment of corporates. The working group will not address commercial or business aspects. The deliverables will be primarily informative and include an analysis of trends and envisaged future developments.
For more information on the Liquidity Management Working Group, please click here: Terms of Reference
On Thursday, 12 November, at 14:00 CET, and on Tuesday, 17 November, at 11:00 CET, the working group will present their new report "Enhancing liquidity management with the support of advanced data analytics". The two one-hour webcasts are free of charge and for EBA members only.
In the report, the working group takes a closer look at how corporates can expand their use of data analytics and how their banks can support them.
During the webcast, the following key questions will be addressed:
- What are the main challenges currently faced by corporate treasurers?
- How data analytics could drive efficiency within corporate treasuries?
- What are the primary hurdles to the adoption of data cultures in both and corporates and how they may be overcome?
- Enhancing liquidity management with the support of advanced data analytics (October 2020) - Download Fact Sheet
- Impact of instant payment and intraday liquidity on the corporate liquidity management system (September 2019) - Download Fact Sheet
- How banks can harness the technology for the benefit of the corporate liquidity management ecosystem (April 2019)
- Managing corporate liquidity and bank liabilities: the changing corporate liquidity management ecosystem (June 2018)